Thursday, January 20, 2005

What am I doing?

I've joined the ranks and just created a 'blog. Please note the ' before the word 'blog, as i refuse to admit that 'blog is a real word, whether or not it made it into the dictionary this year. call me stodgy; you wouldn't be the only one. i'm more than a little uncertain about what i'm going to put in this here 'blog, because i'm not someone who's ever kept a diary, much less am i someone who's wanted to keep a diary then share it with the world. maybe it'll be a place to put my favorite quotes, or share my favorite books or talk about tv shows. then again, how much can one possibly type about the Food Network? maybe i won't share the link with anyone at all. what's the point in that? i'm already rambling. consider this first post a test.

when it comes to the name of this 'blog, its reason is twofold: 1) i'm currently employed as a receptionist--a glorified receptionist, but still. i'm a receptionist, and though i don't want to stay a receptionist...er....i mean adminstrative assistant (as my father tells me to call myself), i'm compelled to by my landlord and bill collectors. therefore, i'm a reluctant receptionist. 2) i'm reluctant to start a 'blog, and i'm sure that i'll only be updating it while i'm at work, so...aren't i clever?

apparently i have no loss of things to type on this thing. look out, world, here comes my diary.

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2005 11:23 AM, Blogger German said...

reluctant? it didn't take much prompting!

interested to see how your life looks in html format, Robert. probably still stylish and witty. I hope so.

Tony and I will be watching...

oh, and you should know that if someone comments on your blog, it is only polite to respond in kind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home