Saturday, December 24, 2005

oklahomathon: day 1

i love my mother. really, i do. no, seriously. but, dear readers, i've been sick with a wretched cough for over a week and have nearly completely lost my voice. i nyquiled myself to death last night and slept a full eleven hours. how did i wake up this morning, my first morning home in oklahoma? on christmas eve. to the sound of santa's jolly sleighbells? to the smell of bacon frying (oh wait, my mom doesn't cook.)? no. to my mother racing into my room to wake me up and ask me if i know i'm singing in church tonight or not.

do i know? well, hmm, let's see. i just woke up. do i have a voice today? good question; i was asleep. i managed to squeak out that i would get up, drink my coffee, try to warm up and i'd let her know by eleven--a full two hours before the rehearsal with the pianist that she's set up for me is scheduled to happen.

oh, and the best part about having my mother surprise-awaken me? i had to like frantically grab at the covers and pull them up to my neck like i was in some 80's movie and was the hussie who's been caught in bed with a senator by news cameras. because my mother has no idea that i have tattoos. and she would literally. flip. her. shit. i know that i'm twenty-five (or, as my sister puts it, "nearly 26." ahem, i have 5 more months of being 25, thank you very much, robin) and that she can't ground me, but i sure don't wanna deal with it. i remember my first ear-piercing and that was just an ear piercing.

it's going to be an interesting week...

2 Comments:

At December 24, 2005 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this sounds like black-mail material, what is your mothers telephone number mr. maril?

 
At December 24, 2005 11:15 PM, Blogger George Lam said...

i'm surprised that she doesn't ground you for sleeping naked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home