Wednesday, July 26, 2006

two weeks!

one of the small blessings of my new(ish) job is that i get pretty generous time off. they combine sick days and vacation days for a grand total of 2.5 days a month, no matter how you wanna spend 'em. since i'm literally never out sick (except for, you know, those pesky times that i'm in the hospital), that means that i get 2.5 days a month all to myself. this adds up to one magical, wonderful, unbelievable thing. i'll say it loud and in bold:

i get to take a week off in august to go to the jersey shore.

that's right, dear readers, i get to take a week off from work to go to the beach and then help my sister move into her new apartment in philly. i don't think that i've had a week off from work since...well, ever. that is, ever in the long and difficult two years that i've actually been a paid member of the workforce. we're not going to count those 24 wonderful summers that i spent either a) lounging around my parents' house; b) lounging around scott's apartment; or c) drinking my way through various summer opera festivals.

so i'll go to the shore, hitching a ride with frank in either his new volvo or his new mercedes (i'm secretly hoping it's a mercedes so that i can put on my big sunglasses and ride in the back seat, pretending that i'm someone very, very important.), and then i'll swing through philly, tan as the day is long and probably a little hungover, to meet robin and the girls. when i say girls i mean the entourage of people that go around the country helping each other move. seriously. robin has been to las vegas and louisville to help friends move. now apparently they're all driving out with her to philly to move her in there. when i moved to baltimore i drove out with my honda, my computer, and my television. then again, i moved to new york with the biggest truck you've ever seen plus hilary. so i can't complain too much.

1 Comments:

At July 27, 2006 12:04 AM, Blogger Phong said...

Oooh, the Jersey Shore and Philly!!! I'm so jeal...wait, I live in California. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home