Friday, September 08, 2006

the hunt's over.

in a move that's a big deal to me but probably won't be a big deal to anyone else who reads this blog or, really, even to anyone who knows me, i deleted my manhunt.net account this morning. that's right, i emailed manhunt.net from work to tell them to get rid of my account. to delete the account, my pictures, my "snappy" headline. all of it.

granted, i made a few friends on manhunt. and i did a lot more chatting with people than i did hooking up. but:
  1. it's an incredible waste of time. i didn't stop watching as much television so that i could sit on my ass in my room chatting with strangers who are probably fat while staring at a blue screen, "messages waiting" flickering in the corner. i stopped watching television so much so that i could have time to figure things out; to be creative; to just be.
  2. it leads to nothing but trouble. it's easy to say that you're going to stop hooking up online. until you log on and you start to have all of these people propositioning you, some of whom are actually very hot. then your resolve falters. i'd log on, just to kind of look around and see who was on--not that i even knew any of these people in real life--and suddenly conversations would start, plans would change.
  3. i'm sick of meeting and/or sleeping with people who don't give a shit about me. not that i gave a shit about them. i'd started to feel a little bit of disdain for people who would proposition me online, even more for people i'd meet. being adversaries with sex partners? yeah, there's something wrong with that.
  4. i've recently discovered that sex with a random hookup is actually worse than just getting off by myself. and it's a lot bigger pain in the ass.
ok, so there are four good reasons to cancel my manhunt.net membership. all of those reasons had already started to weigh on my mind a while ago. i decided a few weeks ago to cancel the membership, before i even met this guy that i'm pretty into. ok, so very into. and even though we haven't ever talked about being monogamous, and, since we live in new york, i assume that he's sleeping with other people, that doesn't mean that i have to keep wasting my time on manhunt. so, yeah. it's over. done.

don't look for my profile. it's not there.

4 Comments:

At September 10, 2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Receptionist,

This blog comment is in regards to your request to have you manhunt account re-activated after your recent cancellation. As you dedicated customer service agent (we heart you), yes! I am able to de-archive your account. This has been completed. Your handle (PlateMeNow80) is now active.

We're certainly glad to have you back! We took a recent survey of NYC fags, and you are quickly becuming a rizing star in the "Opera Singer/Whore" & "Best Top from Indian Country" categories. Frankly, we would have you back even if you didn't pay. You're one of our top users.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

Betty Bottoms

 
At September 10, 2006 10:26 PM, Blogger Robert said...

brilliant.

 
At September 11, 2006 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you deleted your Manhunt account for 13 hours! You can imagine my relief when I bumped into you at the west side club at 9:00am on Sunday in the middle of that pnp orgy. By the way - don't forget this weekend we have that beastiality party to attend in Williamsburg. What time does it start, again? Can you forward me the evite?

 
At September 11, 2006 1:01 PM, Blogger Robert said...

WE have the party in williamsburg? thank god you're going with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home