Tuesday, April 05, 2005

pass me the lab coat

dear readers, my deepest apologies. upon checking my "site meter," a task i excitedly perform upwards of 46 times a day, i discovered that twenty-something of you have already checked the page for an update today, only to find some disappointing entry about mork and mindy. it was an entry hastily written in anger, and can't be expected to satiate your need for 'blog.

i have a good reason, though. i'm training to be an "assistant research program coordinator," as you may or may not know, and today was my first day in the clinic. i shadowed my coworker, trailing behind her like i was learning how to ring people up at sears or wait tables. instead, i was watching her fill out a gaggle of forms, process samples, and perform spirometry. that's right, i said spirometry. if you don't know what it means, don't feel bad: i had no idea until i started my career in science.

the fact that i can even vaguely refer to "my career in science" blows my mind. i still don't quite understand photosynthesis or really, even, how a baby's made, yet i'm making my living in the wide world of science.

why do i need to know how a baby's made, anyway? except for hilary i'm not going to be knocking anyone up anytime soon.

1 Comments:

At April 05, 2005 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was pregnant once. i think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home