Monday, July 25, 2005

bristly

i shaved my head on saturday. well, i didn't actually shave it because there was no razor, shaving cream, or isaac hayes music involved. i buzzed it down to 1/3 inch. as soon as i started i realized it was a lil' shorter than i intended...but once you start at a length you can't really switch it up. i mean, you can, it just won't look very good.

it's been funny to see peoples' reactions at the office. i wasn't really worried about my friends--they've seen me with a shorn head before. but it's a little too punk rock for these people, i worried. most people have just been like, "ooh, rad hair!" or whatever. zach, the new fellow, said, "nice hair, robert. looks like you're ready to deal with the heat!" he gets points for creativity, especially for an asthma doctor.

the best, though, is the several people who have walked by me like 6 times without noticing, then the seventh time they pass me go "oh my god, your hair!" and stagger backward all shocked-like. i want to say, "yes. i shaved it since last time you saw me. 12 minutes ago."

9 Comments:

At July 25, 2005 11:04 AM, Blogger German said...

where's the pictures?

 
At July 25, 2005 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you shaved your head?

 
At July 25, 2005 1:04 PM, Blogger Ratface said...

is saying you're ready for the heat really that creative? haha

 
At July 25, 2005 1:07 PM, Blogger Robert said...

in my office? you bet it is.

 
At July 25, 2005 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You misplelled the word short. You spelled it shorn. You should probably change that....

 
At July 25, 2005 2:39 PM, Blogger Robert said...

you gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me.

 
At July 25, 2005 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haahahahaha, shorn is a word!!!! Who would have known! I need to better my vocabulary!! AHHHHH!!!! But who the fuck says shorn in a blog anyway. Shouldnt you be taking about paris hilton or something in these blogs... Id read it more often.

 
At July 25, 2005 4:51 PM, Blogger Ratface said...

"a short head?" hahah

 
At July 25, 2005 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a rather short head though, if you stare at the sun for 10 minutes and then look at him.... (trying to redeem myself).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home