Monday, November 14, 2005

the district

i went to dc on saturday with cory because i wanted to go shopping in georgetown and he wanted to go sightseeing. i've seen the monuments before (and was pretty bored even then), so trying to act excited--or at least not unexcited compared to cory's hand-clapping enthusiasm--to see the washington monument again wasn't easy. my mother called me before nine o'clock on saturday morning, after i'd gone out with kel on friday night and stayed up til after 2. you know the too-early-hungover-saturday-morning feeling? where you know something's happening and you try to peel just one eye open and your mouth tastes really bad even though you brushed your teeth, flossed, and drunkenly used mouthwash the night before? yeah. that was my saturday morning.

i answered the phone like this: "mother, it is before 9am on a saturday morning. my only day off." i think i dropped the f-bomb, too. i'm such a good son. after talking to my mom at such a delectably early hour, going back to sleep wasn't an option. so i stayed up, tired, hungover, until we left for dc. i was such a bitch all day long. those of you who know me know that it's just no fun to be with me at such times.

the day in dc turned out to be really fun, though. i got a new sweater, tried on 12329839 pairs of jeans, none of which i bought and all of which caused me to have a temper tantrum, had a good, cheap lunch, and saw some big rocks in the shape of dead presidents.

photographs here.

2 Comments:

At November 15, 2005 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, so you can go to dc, but you can't call people. i see how it is! mm-hmm.

 
At November 15, 2005 10:00 AM, Blogger Robert said...

my phone was broken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home