Thursday, February 23, 2006

only in dreams

just indulge me for a moment and let me take a cue from our dear snippets from science: i have to write about a dream i had right before i woke up. it was a nightmare, really. i wasn't being chased by jack the ripper; i wasn't forced to go out onstage with no clothes on; i didn't have all my teeth fall out or any other equally horrible nightmare. it was a nightmare of frustration.

so i'm in the airport, and i go to meet a friend outside the gate area. i don't remember which friend; it was a friend from my past--could be emily or anne or amanda--a girl. we go out to the main lobby area--what's that called? the ticket area. we go out to the ticket area to get a coffee and have a talk. my friend then walks me back to my gate, but i'm stopped at security. i don't have my boarding pass. i'm standing there at this security podium and the woman will NOT let me pass. for any reason. i tell her, "but i don't have my boarding pass. it's in my BAG at the GATE." she tells me she's sorry, but i can't get through.

she won't listen to reason. i keep trying to explain to her the reason i don't have my boarding pass. i'm like, "i'm sure i'm not the only person that this has happened to--what did you do then?" she says, "i didn't let them past, either."

so what do i do in my dream? i start to cry. of course. when all else fails, there's nothing that wins the hearts of the general, bitchy, straight public like a man crying. what does she say to me? "sir, if you're just going to cry, i suggest you go home to your babysitter."

"I CAN'T GET HOME," i scream at her. "MY BOARDING PASS IS IN MY BAG AT THE GATE."

and then i wake up. and have to pee. but of course i lay there for five minutes trying to convince myself that i can make it another 25 minutes until my alarm goes off but then end up getting up to go anyway.

update:

according to hilary, aka the dreammaster, my dream means:

"To see a busy airport in your dream, signifies the desire for freedom, high ideals, ambition, and hopes. It is an indication that you are approaching a new departure in your life. Some new idea is taking off or is ready to take off. You may be experiencing a new relationship, new career path or new adventure. To dream of a deserted airport, indicates that your travel plans will be changed or delayed. "

so the airport in my dream was bustling. and, as the dreammaster just told me,

"DM: moving= new departure
DM: crying=nervous about it
robert: exactly
DM: the subconcious is amazing
DM: i once had a dream that david hasslehoff was reciting poetry in my back yard"

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2006 10:55 AM, Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress said...

Boarding Pass=unfinished business
you can't get there without it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home