Monday, May 22, 2006

cake

the woman behind the counter at the bakery across the street, an amazing greek bakery named omonia, is a beautiful greek girl about my age. there are a few of them, actually. this girl, though, was in high spirits tonight, laughing and enjoying herself as i gave her my order. "that cake is delicious," she said, happily. i didn't know what to say. "seriously," she said. "i'm not even smiling. not joking. it's delicious."

i smiled.

she sold me my cake (it was delicious) and said, "what's your sign?"

"you mean like astrological?"

"yes."

"aries. why? what does that mean?"

"i just wondered," she said. "you seem really happy." hello, i thought. did you see the piece of cake i'm about to eat?

3 Comments:

At May 23, 2006 9:50 AM, Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress said...

You should see if she has a brother...sounds like she is into you!

 
At May 24, 2006 11:52 AM, Blogger Contrabaixista said...

she sold me my cake (it was delicious) and said, "what's your sign?"

"you mean like astrological?"


No Robert, she meant your gang sign. Crips or bloods?

 
At May 26, 2006 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all honesty, astrology is kind of a big deal in Eastern Europe. Everyone is into it and some people wouldn't date me cuz I am a virgo...crazy huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home