Friday, February 25, 2005

mental health day

the ladies in my office, when they don't feel like coming in, take what they call "mental health days." unlike me, most of them also have the "child excuse." if for no other reason, having a child seems great because it will get you out of work: "i can't come in today; my kids' school got cancelled;" or "little johnny is sick--i have to stay home with her (johnny, a girl's name, you ask? pretend we're in oklahoma)." the point is, hopkins is liberal with their time off, and i love it.

it's emily's last full day in town so i myself took a mental health day. i got up at 10am and am now watching the ellen degeneres talk show (see my friendster profile, where i state that even if a gay show is shitty i will watch it because it is gay). as much as i disliked being unemployed, i'm sure enjoying being unemployed for the day.

3 Comments:

At February 25, 2005 1:57 PM, Blogger German said...

the Ellen show is NOT shitty. it is the best daytime show on television. i likes to boogie.

 
At February 25, 2005 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ellen show is shitty - I saw it today, too. I don't get what all the buzz is about. But, any gay show is worth watching - at least a few episodes. And that's coming from a straight gal.

 
At February 27, 2005 1:43 PM, Blogger German said...

hey lime. i think you and me should step outside. them's fightin' words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home