Sunday, March 20, 2005

a poetic mind

from ben's blog:

"What remains is insecurity's echo. The reverberation of being abandoned. The gnawing need to be re-affirmed of your feelings. The whole reason I still sometimes feel like I am in a cage. This morning I thought about your power. "The ways a man could use it / or be destroyed by it..." I want to be spied on while I am sleeping. To be read about on-line. To be listened to on a mix tape. I want to be discovered and understood for who I want to be. Rockstars do things to get noticed. To be purchased and put on posters on walls. To be quoted and sung along with by large crowds. To be loved. Boy, I'm going to carry that weight a long time."

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2005 7:36 AM, Blogger German said...

Who is this ben fellow? I kinda like what he has to say. Perhaps I'll by his book when it comes out. :)

thanks, robert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home