Tuesday, August 16, 2005

another sister

in this month's classical singer magazine, audra mcdonald talks about having crohns!

"I had undiagnosed crohn's disease for years. i was finally diagnosed last year. for me, what's great is that i now have medication and i now have relief--whereas before there was this idea that i was just really sensitive, but i kept thinking: 'no, i'm in a lot of pain. it's not just that i'm an emotional person or something.' i'm healthier than i ever was, because i know what it is and i know how to treat it. as long as i have my health in order, the singing is fine. in some way, the crohn's forced me to get myself healthy."

first anastasia and now this? i guess it's just me and the divas!

4 Comments:

At August 16, 2005 9:01 AM, Blogger Michael G Bare said...

Is the male form of "diva" "devo?"

 
At August 16, 2005 9:01 AM, Blogger Robert said...

don't dictate my gender to me, mister sister.

 
At August 16, 2005 9:04 AM, Blogger Michael G Bare said...

Patriarchal linguistics are not my fault, sorry for reinforcing socialized gender norms....

 
At August 16, 2005 9:04 AM, Blogger Hilary said...

divo, actually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home