Friday, August 12, 2005

get me out of here

first of all, let me say that i hope none of you ever have to go to the "post office annex" on east lexington street in baltimore, maryland. if you can figure out how to get there (the directions involve taking the moon shuttle to the moon, then back, then once again to the moon, then winking three times), then figure out how to get inside the damned place, then figure out who's actually working (patrons standing around tend to look just like employees standing around), you might actually get the package you've gone to pick up. since i'm somewhat of a spoiled brat (ok, so more than somewhat) i've only lived in highrises during my all-too-long stint in baltimore. therefore, i always have some fat front desk lady or friendly crack addict to sign for my packages. i've been ripped from my throne, though, and have joined the ranks of those who live in rowhomes. therefore, i go to the "post office annex."

michael and i are going to durham, nc tonight to visit george, visit michael's sister, and attend a few movies at the north caroline gay and lesbian film festival. north carolina? gay? i hear you ask. apparently, yes. according to george, the pink triangle (or whatever the combination of durham, raleigh, and...chapel hill (?) is called) has quite a bustling gay scene. we shall find out for ourselves this evening, and not a moment too soon. i've reached the boiling point with baltimore again--the heat, the attitude, the stink of my new apartment. i'm spending a day and a half amongst trees and gay southerners. what a welcome respite. (yes, i just looked up that word to make sure i'd used it correctly--and i did!)

now i will continue to try to drown out my office's new employee's gospel music and incessant personal phone calls with my own music. it's a fierce battle, but never fear. i'll win.

8 Comments:

At August 12, 2005 10:16 AM, Blogger Michael G Bare said...

Did th epostal people try ot eat you? They always try tp eat me when the get me intheir dungeon. OH, postal workers and their dark wicked ways!

 
At August 12, 2005 10:28 AM, Blogger Robert said...

once more without the typos! :-P

 
At August 12, 2005 10:34 AM, Blogger Michael G Bare said...

Oh, I'm sorry, i guess i was typing fast cause i hard at work not blogging, er, i mean im hard at blog commenting at work...whatever..typos show my brain moves faster than my hands can keep up with. :)

 
At August 12, 2005 10:50 AM, Blogger George Lam said...

Yeah I remember the annex fondly. Especially that "back room" for that special "package". (we're talking about the Spike Annex, right?)

And, yes, the GL film festival got started with a movie version of "ethan green" and a coming out story called "dorian blues". I've never seen so many gays crammed into a movie theater. The older couple behind me were actually knitting.

 
At August 12, 2005 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to join you in the office music feud... btw what is her job again?

 
At August 12, 2005 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Queerstock 98 in Durham NC. it was almost as scary as rural VA's gay scene.
good luck with that, Robert! :)

 
At August 12, 2005 12:15 PM, Blogger chiquita yellow gold said...

g-g-gay it up!

by the by, the annex is where i was mugged!

 
At August 12, 2005 12:26 PM, Blogger Robert said...

anne: girl we from oklahoma. we's can handle anythin's.

andrea: wha wha wha!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home