Monday, September 26, 2005

Ingenue

it was a good, pretty quiet weekend. since i'd resigned myself to the idea that i'd be spending the entire weekend alone, except for friday night when i went to a dinner party at cory's and then went out with kel, i was surprised to find myself alone very little. i saw hilary, hung out with cory; had an impromptu beer-and-tv-hangout with mike. i "ate dinner" with terry via telephone. for those of you who will be reminded of peter "watching a movie" via telephone with joe, my apologies.

what's so strange, though, is that my periods of alone-time seem to be magnified in my mind. even though cory and i spent 4 hours together saturday afternoon, i left his apartment feeling alone, dreading the prospect of solemnly eating subway with my television in my apartment. what's my problem with not being around people? i spent four months in england without a friend to speak of, spending nearly every non-classtime moment by myself. there's something to be said for enjoying your own company, not constantly craving (paging kd lang) the distraction other people provide.

then again, maybe that's what i am looking for: distraction.

2 Comments:

At September 26, 2005 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if only you would have cooked that dinner...

 
At September 26, 2005 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, terry. you know how to make pork chops and rice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home