Thursday, September 01, 2005

teach me sweet teacher

i wore a tie to work today. not only that, but i wore slacks and dress shoes, too. and my hand-me-down gucci belt. today i'll be in the clinic for about 6 hours, "demonstrating" how a "study visit" should be "conducted." i'll have my boss watching over my shoulder, and three people from another study site learning how to do the magic that it is we do. what i'm finding funny is that i already feel like somewhat of a faker at this job--i have since i was a secretary, much less since i became a research assistant--and now i'm instructing people. the blind leading the blind, as it were. "why does asthma happen, you ask? i don't know. now blow in this tube." "how does this medicine work, you ask? i don't know. it's working, right? don't complain, laquisha."

i've had a bunch of people asking me lately, when the find out i work in pediatric asthma research, "oh, so you're a phd?" "no," i tell them. "oh. so, a masters student?" "no. i got my masters in classical singing."

the people i have to instruct are here...time to run. wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home