Wednesday, February 15, 2006

DORK alert

i thought that my valentine's day gift was a set of custom teeth bleaching trays. mind you, this is a pretty big gift. if i were to go to a dentist for them (which i'd never do, obviously, because i'm poor and not quite as vain as all of you may think) they would've been in the neighborhood of $400. ah, the joys of dating a dentist (ok so future dentist). when you add the bleaching trays to the fact that i've had him look at my mouth three times to assure me that i don't have mouth cancer, this is thousands of dollars saved, people.

so i've been bleaching my teeth for the last two nights, and if you don't consider the two cups of coffee i drink every morning, the red wine i had at helen's garden last night, or the two drags of cigarette i took at smith's/morrissey karaoke, i'm doing great at tooth-whitening. those bitches are gonna glimmer like the top of the chrysler building by the time i'm done with 'em.

so apparently my valentine's gift wasn't actually bleaching trays. i got into the car to go to dinner last night and phong was like, "here, this is for you. you didn't think i was actually going to get you bleaching trays, did you?" and i'm like, duh, yeah i did, bleaching trays are awesome. but no. phong got me a new calphalon 7" santoku knife. for those of you who aren't george lam, this is an awesome gift. the knife i've been using is about as effective as taking a piece of cardboard box and hacking at a vegetable with it. my new knife will cut through anything. phong kept making "no stabbing" jokes when he gave it to me. my response? "oh, phong, this knife is totally the wrong shape for stabbing. see how blunt it is at the end?"

how big a dork am i? this big. i'm so excited to use this new knife. i took it out of its package last night and felt the cold, heavy handle, tested its weight. pretended to chop with it. yeah, it's gonna be good. real good.

3 Comments:

At February 15, 2006 11:40 AM, Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress said...

Haha! I got Matt a huge cookbook that he spent an hour looking at after opening. We are total dorks!

 
At February 15, 2006 1:30 PM, Blogger George Lam said...

congrats on your new knife!

I also "mock-chopped" for a while after I got my new knife back in August. So I understand.

 
At February 16, 2006 4:35 PM, Blogger Ratface said...

and then you yell at him for watching the olympics

 

Post a Comment

<< Home