Sunday, February 26, 2006

hiatus

hello, dear readers. i'm just writing a quick post to let you all know that my great-grandma, a.k.a. nana, passed away yesterday. i always hated it when people said "passed away" instead of died, but this is my nana we're talking about and i'll damn well say whatever i please. she was 98. she came to oklahoma in a covered wagon. i'm tellin' ya, she was old.

i'm flying home to oklahoma for her funeral tomorrow and won't return until late wednesday, so things will be rather quiet around the ol' receptionist. since i'm staying with my grandparents who, please understand, are lucky to have cable, much less a reliable internet connection, i probably won't be updating until later in the week.

in the meantime, enjoy all my friends' blogs. there'll be plenty there to help you kill at least three workdays. and please, send me good thoughts as i take to the friendly skies tomorrow, and keep my family in your prayers, if you believe in that sort of thing.

see you soon.

4 Comments:

At February 27, 2006 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my love to you

 
At February 27, 2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress said...

I am thinking of you an your family. Sending good thoughts and prayers.

 
At February 27, 2006 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never forget the day Robert and I were watching tv in his apt, when a commercial came on for some arthritis pain creme called "The Blue Stuff". During the commercial, various elderly people gave testamonials about the product. All of a sudden, Robert sat up and said "Holy shit, that's my Nana!" Yes, dear readers, Robert's Nana was not only a Nana, she was a star.
Love to you and your family, my dear.

 
At February 28, 2006 4:00 PM, Blogger Ratface said...

haha, nana was in a blue stuff commercial???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home