Wednesday, February 01, 2006

i'll be right back, i have to go find my abs

i'd be sadly, sadly remiss if i let today go by without giving a shout-out to ron for his gay abs class last night. for those of you not in my immediate circle (and by immediate i mean hilary and terry because we're the only ones who use this term), gay abs isn't actually called gay abs. its technical name is something like "core and glutes." but when you're at a predominently gay gym in the predominently gay (at least for now) neighborhood, a class dedicated to abs and ass is a no-brainer. the homos flock to it like they're passing out free judy garland cds with cosmos on the side.

and i can't blame them.

i work out my abs three times a week, because i'm no better than any of the homos i was talking about above. i'm one of them, to be sure. this abs class, though, kicked my ass out the fucking door. it's 25 minutes of some of the most intense exercise. not as awful as hot yoga, but still. pretty hard. hard enough, in fact, that hilary and i kept laughing to each other during the class. we also kept commenting on the music, which was really quite good. working abs in a class with 25 other 'mos, listening to mary j and depeche mode? yes please.

ron heard us talking, though, and after class informed us that "every time he heard us talking he made the workout harder." i have to say, i really felt like glitterati being friends with the built class instructor. two times a week in that class and i'm going to be unstoppable...unstoppable, that is, until the first time i go out in chelsea...

3 Comments:

At February 01, 2006 4:39 PM, Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress said...

Damn, sorry I missed it! I was in Body Pump and couldnt keep going for another class. Wish I had though!

 
At February 01, 2006 6:56 PM, Blogger George Lam said...

hi my abs hurt like hell. pilates is kicking my ass.

and you know what, I don't care that I'm the only guy in the class.

"yeah bro."

 
At February 02, 2006 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out...I'm really glad you finally made it to class...I think you made it "Super Gay" Abs.

See ya tonight for another round.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home