Wednesday, April 26, 2006

scoring

i still obsessively read citypaper, even though i've now moved away from baltimore. what can i say, it's a good alternative weekly and it helps when i'm feeling homesick.

my close, personal friend anna ditkoff (remember her? i met her once.) had this to say about fucking scores replacing the atlantis:

"I have to admit that Scores had a few strikes against it in my book before I even stepped through the door. First, I’m still upset that Atlantis closed. It was a Baltimore institution, and while I only went there twice, I had good memories of the place. Sure, it’s weird watching naked guys in tube socks walk around the bar stroking themselves, but the guys were always so nice, asking where you went to school as they abused themselves into semihardness. Turning the spot into a traditional strip club with fake-breasted women taking their clothes off for men who are already more than adequately served in that area seemed like an insufficient substitute. Second, I had already been out just about every night that week. My lungs felt like burnt french fries, and my cumulative hangover had left me cranky-little-kid tired. All day Friday I vacillated between wanting to sleep under my desk or throw a flailing temper tantrum. Still, I took a disco nap after work, put my party clothes on, and went out to go look at naked girls."

read the whole article here. i love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home