Tuesday, April 25, 2006

yeah, great, i'll resend you that memo.

my current temp job requires a lot of tasks that my old job didn't. at my old job, for instance, i had to make a lot of phone calls, write some letters, and see a lot of patients in the clinic. you know, stuff that was a little tedious but never awful. and my coworkers were fun and if there was downtime we could go smoke (back before i quit again, steph) or talk about music (kari). at this job, however, i have to do a whole different array of things: heavy work in access, most of which includes entering peoples' information every time they call or visit and then running reports.

boring.

then, once a week, i get to run a big report. it's called the "weekly sales report," and it's like 45 pages of everything that went on in the office for the week: sales, visitors, charts, graphs, pies. lots of things i don't really understand but i'm somehow able to make look pretty enough for me not to get fired.

it takes most of the day. i call it my "TPS report." i've made this TPS report joke to several people here in new york, only one of which was in my office, and they had literally no idea what i was talking about. HELLO, people! TPS reports.

ah, temping.

PS, a messenger just came into the office (because, you know, this is new york and the mail clearly takes WAAYYYY too long) and called me "brother robert." i've never met him before, mind you. yet suddenly we're at some like tent church revival. brother robert. that has a ring to it.

3 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 10:36 AM, Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress said...

Umm...yeahh, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday.

In high voice...
"Corporate accounts payable Nina speaking, Just a moment"

 
At April 25, 2006 9:21 PM, Blogger George Lam said...

dude. messengers are HOT. maybe he's in such a hurry that he'll later just shorten it to "Bro. Ro."

 
At April 26, 2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and I should get together and write a book about temping, kinda like those two girls who wrote a book about nannying and are now ungodly rich. I'm being totally serious. My favorite story from temping is when a woman called me from another floor in the building to tell me her quarter was stuck in the vending machine. I said, "Ok, I'll send the janitor up to the lunch room", and she replied, "NO the vending machine in the LADIES ROOM." Walk next door to Walgreens and buy a f---ing tampon, bitch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home