Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Just an old-fashioned work story

i just posted. it was all just bitching and moaning. i know this.

i have to re-post, with an addendum. though my job is monotonous, certain things happen, certain characters come in and out of the room, past my desk, that make the job bearable.

one of my coworkers--she'll remain nameless (besides, if you know me well enough to care which one she is, you'll know who i'm talking about)--just had the following conversation...



"he always want to know where that pulmonary function stuff is,"
"sho' nuff,"
"and i tell him, i don' know, chil'."
"i know that's right."



...with herself.

when you're the only one participating in a two-sided conversation, you're never lonely and you're never bored.

1 Comments:

At January 25, 2005 1:22 PM, Blogger German said...

sho' nuff is correct. i'm actually in the waiting room for my first crazy-doctor appointment (it seems Tony has some anxiety issues) and was musing on what may or may not be symptoms of my craziness. the two-sided conversations made the list...and you "know that's right." boredom is not one of my problems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home