Thursday, August 18, 2005

crohnsday

i could 'blog today about how i went BACK to that horrid, horrid post office annex this morning, only to have them tell me that they can't find the hundred dollars' worth of tori amos tickets they supposedly held there. or i could 'blog about having three clinic visits, two of which happened at the same time, and being the only research assistant here. but i won't.

instead, i'll use today's 'blog to commemorate an important event in my life.

as i was walking out the door this morning, running late for my visit to the horrid, horrid post office annex, i realized that i'd forgotten to take my pentasa (my crohn's meds). i've been taking at least 8 pills a day (down from 16) for a while now. why on earth can't i remember to take my medicine? i thought. i mean, it's been...then it hit me. i was diagnosed with crohn's a year ago today.

a year ago, august 19, i was laying in a hospital bed, having been admitted to the hospital the night before. terry was periodically leaving work to check on me, and i was in a lot of pain yet at the same time wishing that i could just go home. i called my mom and dad from the hospital to tell them where i was but not to freak out. then, a year ago tonight, i had the pleasure of three nurse-administered enemas followed by my first colonoscopy.

now, a year later, i barely ever have the pain that sent me to the hospital. i've been lucky.

so...happy crohnsday, dearest bowels! these pills are for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home