Monday, May 08, 2006

a quick 'un

so, dearest readers, where have i been all day? why on earth is it 9:45 pm and i'm sitting here blogging for the first time? how, i hear you all asking in my head (at least i hope it's your voices in my head, and not those other voices. you know, the ones that say things like "kill" and "now.") where have you been all day, robert? why did you make us sit through our jobs without at least writing something? well, it's because i was at mt. sinai medical center all day, becoming oriented for eight hours. it's all pretty run of the mill: hazmat splashes on you? wash it off and report it. get stuck with an aidsy needle? report it (and then panic just a little).

the good news is that i don't have to wait sixty days for my medical benefits. they kick in on june 1, which is just about when my medicine's going to run out. if it were any more closely timed it'd be worrisome. hell, it already is worrisome.

and so now i'm sitting here watching lifetime television for women with the roomie. it's called something like murder on shelbyville lane. of course. and it's completely, perversely engrossing.

so if you'll excuse me.

4 Comments:

At May 08, 2006 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just fouond out that my first cousin is a doctor and does treatments for Chrons. Shes great. Thank god you have a posting. I was seriously getting nervous.

Dennis

 
At May 09, 2006 8:08 AM, Blogger Richard said...

I knew that things would work out. You just had to jump and have faith that the floor would be there. Good luck at Mt. Sinai - though I am sure that you can handle it.

NYC sounds great. I will be there June 14th to see Rufus sing Judy ... Did you ever get tickets?

 
At May 10, 2006 11:04 AM, Blogger Hilary said...

Murder on PLEASANT Ln., Ahem.

 
At May 10, 2006 8:22 PM, Blogger Ratface said...

i hear the singer of head automatica has chrones. but my friend got mixed up-she's like, he has ibs! he can't play live shows because he'll literally shit his pants!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home