Monday, October 24, 2005

madge

having just read that our dear gay icon madge made appearances at both misshapes and the roxy this weekend, i decided to email scott in nyc to get his review. i had a hunch he'd be in the crowd at the roxy. i was right:

"Ok, I wasn't going to bring it up since you couldn't
have come. But since YOU mentioned it...

holy crap! I went with Chris and a bunch of friends
because we found out through several sources that it
was pretty much a done deal - that she was going to
make an appearance, but that she wasn't performing.

We got there at like 11:00, which is the earliest
we've ever gone by like an hour (doors open at 11),
and the line was already around the block. Plus, the
weather was like Katrina/Rita/Wilma - complete
torrential downpour and all I had was a cheap $5
mini-umbrella. So I was semi-soaked. It was complete
chaos getting in and took forever. Once we finally
got in, I took half a pill...so I was feeling all
dandy by 2:00 when she was schedule to show up. She
took the stage and of course everyone went completely
ballistic. She said some crap about how she had to
come to Roxy because new york is where she started,
and blah blah blah, and that she wanted to dance with
all of us fags. She pulled out the vinyl record for
the remix for Hung Up and gave it to Peter Rauhofer.
Then she proceeded to dance with everyone for
literally half an hour. I couldn't believe how long
she stayed there. There were people onstage who were
part of her clan, but then she allowed these two fags
to get up and dance with her (omg - can you imagine?)
Chris and I had kind of situated ourselves relatively
close... So when she came over to our side of the
stage I was looking up and she was literally like 10
feet from me and looking completely flawless.
Basically, at that point I thought my face was going
to fall off. I don't think I can ever really top that
one. Between that and Beyonce's ridiculously amazing
appearance at the Roxy, I think I've sort of hit the
zenith of possible clubgoing experiences. I was
freaking out after she left - I was like - I cannot
honestly believe I just saw Madonna at the Roxy???
Totally surreal..."

somehow seeing christine w at the hippo just doesn't compare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home