Thursday, January 19, 2006

love, jeongmin

just now emily forwarded me an email sent to her by her korean accompanist. i thought i'd share.

"Emily,

I have already a student of Pr.Fisher who needs an accompanist at 4pm. It probably ends up at 4:30pm but, I am not sure. For this reason, I think it won't seem beautiful for you to wait. I am sorry about that.

Thanks,
Jeongmin"

while an excellent example of engrish, it can't quite measure up to the all-time classic, which can still be found on many chopstick wrappers:

"welcome to chinese restaurant. please try your Nice chinese food with chopsticks, the traditional and typical of glonious chinese history and cultual."

yes, it's sad that i have it memorized. and now i offer my apologies to all my asian-american friends.

5 Comments:

At January 19, 2006 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

creamofsomyunguy?

 
At January 19, 2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I get hundreds of those e-mails per day here at Concert Central. It's really NOT that funny any more.

 
At January 19, 2006 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats most interesting is that most chopsticks in the US are made in Minnesota!! Yes, it is true.

 
At January 19, 2006 3:19 PM, Blogger Robert said...

i won't berieve it!

 
At January 19, 2006 8:48 PM, Blogger George Lam said...

no comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home