Thursday, March 30, 2006

all she wrote

apparently some people at work (namely the head of the floor) thought that yesterday was my last day. when, in fact, today is my last day. it made for a strange little meeting this morning, as i turned around to hear "what are you doing here!?" i was like, well, doctor, it's my last day here. actually what i said was, "oh, i'm not really leaving. thanks for the luncheon! oh, and the money. thanks!"

last night some of us office girls went out for a final after-work happy hour. i could tell that everyone was tired and totally not into it before we left, but my coworkers are troopers: we started drinking at slainte (pronounced slange-uh, apparently, because gaelic is a totally weird language. sorry, sinead!) around 530 and ended up rolling outta there at 930. i ate, um, let's see: fries, hot wings, a reuben sandwich, two gin and tonics, and five beers. yeah. phong met up with us, so my coworkers got to meet him. and, true to form, when the bill came they refused to let me pay a dime, even though i tried.

was it just a little difficult to pack up my kitchen when we got home at 10pm (drunk)? did i wake up at 230 and spend a good portion of the night in the bathroom because, apparently, crohns doesn't like two gin and tonics, five beers, and lots of spicy food? no bother. it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home