Tuesday, April 11, 2006

skinemax

i obviously ride the subway about eighteen times a day now. when i spent that first summer here, living in scott's shoebox-sized, 80+ degree extra bedroom, riding the subway was new and exciting. i felt so very citified, so very look-at-me-riding-the-subway-if-they-could-see-me-now-that-little-gang-of-mine. nowadays, its luster has worn off a little. i still love, however, not having to drive. as you, my faithful readers, are already aware, i have pretty insane road rage. not like road rage where i get out of my car and stab a cabbie because in my mind he cut me off (apparently this just happened recently in williamsburg), but road rage that manifests itself in spouting an incredible array of profanity, racial slurs, hand gestures, and faces. i have a whole range of reactions perfectly tailored for the offense at hand. phong often complained because i'd give him a heart attack with my sudden outbursts, which often happened when i was merely a front-seat passenger.

nowadays, though, my honda sits parked at amanda's house in connecticut, where it gets rained on and gathers dust and sometimes gets driven by barbara on lil' errands. i have yet to put a for sale sign in its window, though i need to unload it as soon as possible so i can stop paying my insurance premiums. nowadays, i ride my beloved subway.

and let me tell you, literally not a day goes by that i don't see two straight people sucking face on the subway. it's not always full-on making out, mind you, but it's always extremely inappropriate PDA. the close-faced talk, for instance (where you stare right into each others eyes, nose-to-nose, and meet lips occasionally), or the boyfriend-to-girlfriend headlock. hilary and i have had many conversations about PDA, all of which have stemmed from being subjected to what's basically cinemax after dark on the N/W train.

plus, you just know that if it was two guys getting all lovey-dovey on the train there would be a public outcry the likes of which hasn't been heard since judy died. then again, i'm feeling dangerous: any volunteers?

10 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Ratface said...

maybe steve and i will come visit so we can feed each other in front of you guys again!

 
At April 11, 2006 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps you need GORM to help you ward off the rage you feel for the PDA couples. he did so much for your road rage that summer.

 
At April 11, 2006 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Road "rage" is an understatement for you. It's more like "unrestrained fury that spouts uncontrollably giving your co-riders heart attacks just about every time a car passes or doesn't pass or drives too slow or drives too fast or that doesn't signal..." you get the point...and I'm feeling a little PDA inclined. I'll risk it for you.

 
At April 11, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Hilary said...

I saw two dudes being awfully close-talkers this morning. No one seemed to care.

 
At April 11, 2006 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, you have "ROID" rage... lay of the drugs... or maybe I mean hemmoroids. Either way, I'm funny.

Second of all, I have totally made out the other week on the NYC subway with a guy. We held hands and kissed. No one seemed to care. We should try it sometime...

 
At April 11, 2006 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're really becoming progressive, bobby. remember when i tried to hold your hand at the mall in columbia? you would have nothing to do with it. now, you want to make out with someone subway. our little bobby is growing up!

 
At April 11, 2006 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry Bobby. I didnt let Terry touch me in public either... then again, I wouldn't let him touch me in private... or let him touch my privates.

 
At April 11, 2006 3:54 PM, Blogger Hilary said...

I would let Terry touch me anywhere, anytime.

 
At April 11, 2006 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i will. i'll poke your noony

 
At April 11, 2006 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've gotten all lovey dovey on the a train in new york. nobody seemed to care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home